The weekend of May 16th, I attended a conference hosted by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN). The 2-day learning extravaganza took place in NYC, and I attended virtually thanks to the advancement of live-streaming technology. I frantically took notes that weekend, locked away in my room, much to the annoyance of one of my roommates and her friends who imbibed libations and immersed themselves in debauchery, because, as she later would berate me, she thought I was “not being friendly”.
Alas, I am an empathic introvert, AND seeing that the conference wouldn’t just pause for me, I had no time to waste. I said a short hello and retreated…
I’m in school with HUGE goals and well, I guess sometimes those closest to you just don’t get it.
At any rate, during the conference, I really started to get excited about being a student at IIN and the integration of Health Coaching into my 11 years of being an award-winning DJ. I began to see my future, to stand in it fully and confidently, and with the conviction that what I’m doing now would have to pay off later, so that I could not only help others, but be able to take breaks and hang out more often (though, I don’t drink alcohol anymore since Dec 7, 2012, minus a few hiccups the first few months).
There was so much information that I could literally just transcribe my notes, but I’ll spare you, gentle reader, and give you some points to ponder:
- “Stress less” ~ Keri Glassman, Registered Dietician (Stress and Relaxation can’t live together, take a moment to enjoy an 8-count breath)
- My thought: “Intend Relax”
- “Have a Purpose + Follow it” ~ Nitika Chopra
- Google/Bing/Wiki Doctor “Lissa Rankin”. Enough said there. Or better yet, just go to her website. She dropped knowledge on a whole ‘nother level of vibrating! Three words: “Mind Over Medicine”.
- “Know your priorities; priorities = prosperity” ~ Marie Forleo (She also had a wonderful 3-year Painted Picture exercise that really resonated with me)
- Dr. Oz and IIN founder, Joshua Rosenthal are making major moves to get Health Coaches covered by Insurance. That’s HUGE and makes for a very exciting time to become a health coach.
- “Obesity does not equal calories, but it equals the composition of foods we eat… Metabolic rate, fat storage and hunger depends on dietary composition.” ~ Dr. Mark Hyman
- GO SEE FED UP The movie!
THE CONCLUSION, THE VISION:
I am working towards a world that is Authentic, where being Youthful is Yummy and Prosperity reigns for all, and all these things are for the Highest Good Of All Concerned!
I am motivated to make sure the Earth and Her People come to Extreme Peace, Love and Goodness. I am grateful for my Vision. I know it. I am ready!
After the conference, it became clear to me that in 3-years, I will be in Radio (thanks to the 3-year Painted Picture exercise!)
So, stay tuned! 🙂
I just posted my latest post at the Jewish Journal, going further in depth about FED UP, the movie. Check it out here.